Born in 1980, Árpád Bogdán lived in a children’s home from the age of 4. He started working as an actor and stage director in theatres during his college years. He has organised creative forums for disadvantaged children using various aspects of theatre, film, and literature.
His directorial debut feature , Happy New Life (2007) was internationally acclaimed at several festivals and was premiered in Berlinale Panorama 2007 and received the Special Mention of the Jury.
2002: Labyrinth / Útvesztőben (s)
2003: Rhythm and Notion / Ütem és Fogalom (s)
2006: Happy New Life / Boldog új élet
- Hungarian Film Week – 2007, Simó Sándor Prize for the Best First Film, Best Original Music Membrán , Best Producer Gábor Sipos
- Berlin International Film Festival Panorama – 2007, Special Mention
- Geneva Festival Tous Ecrans – 2007, Reflet d'Or - Best Director Prize
- Pécs Moveast – 2007, Honorary Mention for Excellent Visual
- Hungarian Film Critics’ Prizes – 2007, Best First Film
2018: Genesis / Genezis
- Sofia International Film Festival – 2018, Special Jury Award, Student Jury: Best Feature
- Valencia Cinema Jove International Film Festival – 2018, Luna de Valencia, Special Mention
- Starnberg Fünf Seen Film Festival – 2018, Main Prize
- Lecce European Cinema Festival – 2019, Best Cinematography Tamás Dobos, Cineuropa Award, Agiscuola Student Jury Award
2018: Ghetto Balboa (d)
- Hungarian Film Awards – 2019, Best Documentary, Best Cinematography
- Beijing International Film Festival – 2019, Honorary Works by the Judging Panel
- Berlin Romani Film Festival – 2019, Main Prize
|Happy New Life||Director|
|Happy New Life||Screenplay|
Ha hibát, pontatlanságokat talál, kérjük, jelezze a email@example.com email-címen, ahol az adatbázissal kapcsolatos egyéb észrevételeit is szívesen várjuk!