- Script development (synopsis, treatment or script required – selected projects are mentored by an appointed member of the script development division)
- Project development (financial support given for occurring preproduction costs)
- Production (support is given for Hungarian live-action- , animation- and documentary features primarily intended for cinema release and television productions /TV films, serial formats, shorts, documentaries, animations/; a detailed budget and complete script is required for application)
- Support for special projects (applications not related to either script- or project development or production)
- Marketing and distribution (producers may apply for distribution support in Hungary for completed Hungarian films and co-productions with Hungarian participation - this support is refundable from the distribution revenue; distributors may apply for distribution support in Hungary for films that received production support from the NFI - this support is non-refundable)
There is no separate call for minority co-productions, but all projects are encouraged to apply with a Hungarian co-producer onboard. Foreign projects are only eligible to apply for support through Hungarian production companies registered with the National Film Office (NFO); foreign companies should conclude coproduction or service agreements with a Hungarian registered company.